The Wolf’s Vermont Flood Response and Recovery Fund 2023
The recent floodings in Vermont have brought immense suffering to its residents, leaving communities in distress and causing significant damage to infrastructure. Homes have been destroyed, businesses disrupted, and livelihoods upended. Many families are grappling with the loss of their possessions and the need for immediate shelter, food, and clean water. As the floodwaters recede, the long process of recovery and rebuilding begins. It is during these challenging times that the strength and compassion of the community are most needed.
How You Can Help:
If you want to contribute and assist the flood-affected residents of Vermont, there are several ways to make a difference.
The Vermont Community Foundation has set up a dedicated website (The Vermont Community Foundation) to accept donations. Your support, no matter how big or small, can have a positive impact on those in need.
Here are some additional early giving recommendations.
Community action agencies throughout the state are all addressing issues such as temporary housing, food, clothing, case management to help people access state/federal assistance, clean up, and much more:
- BROC – Community Action in Southwestern Vermont
- Capstone Community Action
- Champlain Valley Office of Economic Opportunity (CVOEO)
- Northeast Kingdom Community Action (NEKCA)
- Southeastern Vermont Community Action (SEVCA)
Other Useful Resources
- Vermonters should contact Vermont 211 to report flood damage and to get information on shelters for people affected by the storm and to register with FEMA.
- Road closure information is available from New England 511.
- Vermont Emergency Management provides flood preparedness information.
- Register through the State of Vermont to volunteer to help.
The floodings in Vermont have brought unprecedented challenges to its people, but together, we can make a difference. By spreading awareness about the ongoing crisis and providing avenues to support organizations like the Red Cross and the Vermont Community Foundation, we can help Vermont rebuild and ensure a brighter future for all its residents.